These always go quickly in my house.
What you’ll need:
- 1 eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breading of your choice (I like to use a mix of matzah meal and wheat germ)
- spices/herbs of your choice (I like to use parsley and garlic powder)
- olive oil
What you’ll do:
- Slice the eggplant into long pieces (like rods) that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Beat the eggs and pour onto a plate.
- Mix breading with spices and put on a separate plate.
- Dip each piece of eggplant in egg and then in the breading.
- Lay each piece on a cooking sheet.
- Drizzle — or spritz — a small amount of olive oil over each piece of breaded eggplant.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees until done. (This is usually about 30 minutes.)
- Serve with lemon to squeeze over and tomato sauce to dip in. Find out here how to make your own sauce from scratch.
© 2013 Marisa L. Ware