Summer just isn’t summer without watermelon. I love the stuff. This summer, I’ve enjoyed it off the rind, in popsicles, and in salads. Next, I wanted to make a watermelon drink. And so, I present my Watermelon Juice. (This drink is inspired by a recipe I came across when looking for some watermelon beverage ideas.)
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of cubed watermelon
- juice from half a lemon or a lime
- 1 tsp of honey — summer is a great time to buy honey from your local farmers’ market
- 6-8 ice cubes
- seltzer (optional)
What you’ll do:
- In a blender, combine watermelon and lemon juice. Blend.
- Add honey and blend.
- Add ice cubes and blend a little more.
- Pour into glasses. If desired, add 1-2 tablespoons of seltzer into each glass for a sparkling drink.
- Top each glass with a sprig of basil.